In a country like Nigeria where unemployment rate and cost of living is high while minimum wage is low, finding a new or alternate source of income is incredibly important and if you weren’t considering it before, you should by now. But what can one do, with so many limitations and even scammers out to get what you have? Well I’m going to share with you a solution to these problems. That solution is AFFILIATE MARKETING.
What exactly is affiliate marketing?
Easy, it is a way to make money by being paid a commission when you recommend or promote the product/service of an individual or company to people (friends, family, online followers etc) Think about that time your friend wanted to buy a shoe and you told him about a legit shoe seller who he ended up buying from. That’s affiliate marketing and people get paid for it.
Why affiliate marketing?
There’s no doubt affiliate marketing is worth it, given its growth in popularity. Statistics estimates the affiliate marketing industry will reach $8.2 billion by 2022, up from $5.4 billion in 2017. It’s also a low- to no-cost business venture you can profit from immensely. While industry growth is a good indicator of success, there are other reasons to get into affiliate marketing.
- It’s easy to start.
- Low- to no-cost, high reward.
- It’s easy to scale.
- It’s highly profitable, obviously. There’s really no limit to what you can potentially earn as long as you remain consistent.
How to start Affiliate Marketing in Nigeria and start earning 6 figures monthly.
It is one of the easiest online businesses you can start and do from anywhere with any device (phone, laptop) with an internet connection.
- Find an affiliate program to work with e.g ‘THE EXCELLON‘ There are so many to choose from, find one that suits you.
- Find products that you like and/or fit your niche and other criteria to promote online. It’s important to only recommend valuable and useful products to people. You don’t want to labelled a scam and lose credibility, right?
- Choose a platform on which to promote the product(s). Such platforms include whatsapp, facebook and other social media platforms, more experienced people can use websites/blogs, email etc. This further reinforces how easy it is to start.
Note that before this can become a source of passive income for you, it will first be active. You can’t just sit and stare at your phone and expect to make money from, you need to put in the work at first after all our people say “no food for lazy man” stop falling victim to ponzi schemes and investment scams.
Start and grow something for yourself now, something that will last and you’ll be proud of yourself tomorrow.